Friday 27 February 2009

Colours, colours.


I know it's a little bit premature, but I've already started thinking about how I'm going to paint my tracker. Or rather; how I'm going to have it painted. I've done some tests in Photoshop (the best app to ever take up space on a hard drive). The look I'm after is best described as "retro-racing". Sort of a mix between the legendary 1970's Gulf Porsche livery and 80's Nascar. At the moment I'm leaning towards using the old school Huskvarna ruby red as a base colour, but with some metal flake mixed in, combined with white and black sections (a bit like no 3 in the picture above). The wheels – If I ever get them – will be powder coated gloss black, and the frame satin black. At first I was going for a more modern "Husky factory" paint scheme, since I normally don't like retro, which I think is a cop out for designers too lazy to come up with something original (read: J Mays). But the shape of the tank and seat section doesn't really lend itself to anything too modern. Then again, I might change my mind before it's time to send the "tins" away for paint.

7 comments:

  1. 3:an lr 7:an, men skippa H-loggan, de e väl ingen jävla spis du bygger...! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.

    Jo, det blir trean. Har hittat en kille i England som ska måla åt mig: http://deathspraycustom.com/

    Verkar duktig. Och sen var han klart överkomlig också:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. top deck of #12, side of #8
    candy red!! and big flakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another idea: look at the classic Husqvarna crossers, red tank with polished side and white lining. do the same with candy red, gold lining and big black husky sign on the polished ally like your suggestions above! top deck either black, or polished...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you're right. That is a cool look. The incredibly talented Marcus of marcusmotodesign.com has done something similar on his tracker tank: http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/2009/01/killer-in-sun.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, you think it will look too similar?
    he has a sportster tank though, and it's not candy, and your idea with the big husky logo across it will make it look quite unique...

    ReplyDelete