Wednesday 11 February 2009

Rant.

If you, like me, are going to assemble a bike from parts mainly sourced in the US, what ever you do, don't let the seller send you the parts using United States Postal Service (not to be mistaken for United Parcel Service). It takes FOREVER! I ordered a wheel January 22 and I still haven't got it. It's 2009 fer chrissakes! Furthermore, their useless "tracking" service on their web page only gives me the info that "the package left United States from FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099 at 5:32 PM on January 28". So? What am I to do with that info? Unconfirmed rumors have it that my wheel is abord this vessel now making its way across the Atlantic, after having spent one week on the back of a yak from Philadelphia to New Jersey.

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain I ordered a seat pan in novemeber and got it yesterday. The old ups - usps switcharoo.

    Good Luck

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used US postal services too.

    they take long but they are cheap...
    some suppliers have good deals with a parcel company, and the come close to USPS and are quicker. but if compare standard rates from USPS with ex. UPS, they can easily be double, even selecting economy rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I see your point. I'm just crap at waiting. I called them today, but they had no idea where my package is. It's UPS or Fedex for me from now on.

    /David

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your wheel is by your local border patrol (douane)! And they have plenthy of time ! + a bill will follow ! Extra ! It happened to me aswell !

    ReplyDelete