Monday 29 June 2009

Finally on wheels.


I won't make my deadline. I will not be able to finish this project in 180 days. There, I said it. It has taken quite a bit longer than I expected. Partly because it took much longer than I had expected to source some of the parts and because some parts were lost in the mail. And partly because I simply couldn't make up my mind about certain aspects of the bike. But mostly because this is the first time I've done a major project like this and since I've shown you my efforts here on this web page, I didn't want to make an ass of myself by building a dud. That said, I am really, really happy at the moment. We had the bike on wheels for the first time today, and I have to say that I think it looks OK. More than OK in fact. The proportions of the bike are very close to what I envisioned and the chassis looks compact and purposeful. The Husky engine is very compact (about half the size of a Harley engine) and I was afraid the bike would look wimpy and "empty" with the smaller motor, but it really doesn't. Now I can't wait to get the tank back and start the final assembly! One more month (or maybe two) to go!

3 comments:

  1. The suspense is killing me!!!
    This is my favourite blog on the net, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to do with the exhaust?

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry about getting things a bit wrong first or even second time around..... "the man who never made a mistake never made anything". its the truth man

    ReplyDelete