Wednesday 19 May 2010

Neato.

I have a lot of respect for the way that ISR does things. And not only 'cause they're Swedish. I love the no-nonsense, form-follows-function look of their stuff. And the fact that they are pretty affordable considering the quality.

I discovered a cool feature today when I bled the rear brake caliper. In lieu of the standard type bleed nipple, where you push the clear bleed hose onto the same nipple that you then turn to let the air out, ISR have a nice little system where the bleed nipple and the bleed screw are separated. The brass bleed nipple in the picture is only used when bleeding and thanks to an o-ring, can be threaded in using only finger force (there's one on the back side of the caliper for the other piston as well). The hose stays put since you don't turn the nipple and the blue screw is easily accessible using a 11 mm ring spanner for botch free operation. Perhaps not the biggest innovation ever, but still a nice little feature that I imagine would make a professional spanner man happy.

I'm going to get one of these for the front brake as well...

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece of kit and a neat solution for bleeding.

    I like the detailing on your swingarm parts, Nice TIG work around the nut and the chain adjuster blocks look great. You probably already know this but don't forget the locknut on the chain adjuster threaded rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. And thanks for the heads-up about the lock nut... Before I go for the shake down test I'll go over the whole thing one last time and make sure I haven't forgotten anything stupid.

    /D

    ReplyDelete