Monday 4 January 2010

Yokes 2.0

After getting some excellent feedback from #15 (among others), I've decided to change the design of my yokes. The "integrated indicators"-design that I had in mind is now out. I got a little bit carried away with that and maybe it was a little bit to elaborate for a street tracker? I now have a different idea for how I'm going to mount the front indicators, involving a bent aluminium tube that will sit under the yoke (more on that later). And yes: I need indicators for my bike to pass the final M.O.T. After that they can, err, fall off. I guess...

While I'm at it, I'll add 10 more mm of grountrail by shortening the offset to 30 mm, giving me a total of 100-105 mm ground trail.

1 comment:

  1. I'd suggest adding some extra holes for Handlebar mounting, forward and rear of the current mounting point will give you a few options for handlebar positioning.

    On the other hand, I have nothing useful to add when it comes to Steering geometry.

    ReplyDelete